Subject Librarian (Life Sciences) - Library (Ref.2020/003/01)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Collection resources construction including books and periodicals (print and electronic), and network resources;
2. Implementation of the budget and guidance for resource procurement;
3. Participate in the curriculum construction and undertake the liaison, coordination and support of the teaching and research needs of the department;
4. Management of the development and implementation of circulation strategies for key resources of teaching and disciplines;
5. Assist in research projects for literature search and impact factor analysis;
6. Track the development of disciplines in schools, improve the quality of subject services, innovate service models, and lead the service orientation of disciplines;
7. Actively participate in professional academic activities, pay attention to and update professional knowledge.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. 985/211 or a foreign undergraduate degree in life science or biology with a master's or doctoral degree.
2.More than 5 years of successful experience in the University or Research Library, or research work experience after college graduation.(Working experience in foreign research universities is preferred)
3. Skills and Qualifications：
(1)Familiar with the development trend of the subject, pay attention to tracking the development of subject resources;
(2)Proficiency in the use of professional databases and reference books, master basic information technology tools, and develop simple program tools;
(3)Good communication skills and training ability;
(4)Tools and methods for collecting and analyzing statistical data on readers and resource us.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK-SZ and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the PRC. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, PRC.
Please send a full curriculum vitae and the completed Application Form (please download the blank form online) together with names of three referees by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.