Supervisor (HPC Operation and Maintenance) - ITSO (Ref. 2020/174/01)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the operation and maintenance of HPC platform, completing the routine inspection on time;
2. Responsible for HPC user’s support and cluster software maintenance;
3. Administer HPC resources and users, deploy management policies, and supervise operation environment;
4. Provide HPC platform’s development with sustainable proposal; provide continuous optimization service to HPC operation and user experience;
5. Assist research teams to develop and optimize HPC and AI applications on HPC platform.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer, electronics, or telecommunication discipline;
2. 5 years’ work experience, with 3 years relevant experience. Experience in large-scale HPC operation and maintenance is an advantage;
3. Familiar with Shell script in Linux, configuration and administration of Docker; familiar with at least one HPC cluster management tool, such as PBS/Torque, Slurm, LSF, SGE, Load Leveler, Salt/Ansible, Warewulf/xCat, etc.;
4. Familiar with computing software, knowledge in OpenFOAM, VASP, and Gromacs, etc. is preferred;
5. Fluency in at least one or two open source software of deep learning, such as Caffe, TensorFlow, etc;
6. Fluency in at least one programming language, such as Fortran, C, C++ or Python, with good command of programming skills;
7. Proficient at system administrating, monitoring and maintaining secured;
8. HPC environment, including network security and low-latency/high-speed interconnected infrastructure network (IB, RMDA, iWARP, and RoCE);
9. Good team player, capable of over-time work, capable of handling urgent incidents;
10. Good command of English is a plus;
11. Good service attitude and good communication skill, and able to work under pressure.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK-SZ and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the PRC. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, PRC.
Please send full curriculum vitae together with copies of qualification documents, and at least three references by email to: email@example.com