Executive Officer (Faculty Support)- Planing Office for School of Music (Ref. 2021/057/01)
Planning Office for School of Music
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen (CUHK-Shenzhen) was established in 2014 in accordance with the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Chinese-foreign Cooperation in Running Schools upon approval of the Ministry of Education. It inherits the educational philosophy and academic systems of The Chinese University of Hong Kong and is committed to nurturing high end talents with global perspective, Chinese tradition and social responsibility. It offers 4-year undergraduate programmes plus postgraduate studies at both master and doctorate levels. Currently with over 7000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, CUHK-Shenzhen offers programmes in science, engineering, management and economics, humanities and social science, life and health science, data science and medicine (from 2021 onwards). Most of the courses in CUHK SZ are taught in English.
With the strong support of the Shenzhen Government, CUHK-Shenzhen was given the responsibility to plan and establish the Shenzhen Conservatory of Music, initially as a School of the University, which expects to recruit the first batch of undergraduate students in 2021. The School of Music has 4 Streams namely Composition, Musicology, Performance and Dance. Recruitment for the 2021 cohort will begin with the Performance Stream with majors in Piano, Strings, Woodwinds, Brass and Voice. Other majors in Performance (Conducting, Chinese Music, Musical Theatre) and the other three Streams will commence later in 2023 and 2024. A purposely-built campus is planned for completion by end of 2024.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in school’s personnel affairs, including job ad posting and application collection;
2. Handle faculty members’ routine administrative matters, such as reimbursement, logistics arrangement, visa application, research assistant hiring, etc.
3. Liaison with the Research Administration Office, Human Resources Office, Financial Office and other University units;
4. Undertake other assignments assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. A Bachelor degree or preferably a higher degree gained from an overseas university;
2. At least 3 years’ experience working in a sizeable company in human resources or related department; preferably in high education institutions;
3. Strong organizational capability and adaptability, excellent communication, negotiations and interpersonal skill;
4. Customers-oriented and able to take quick response for faculty’s needs;
5. Fluent English & Mandarin speaking and writing skills, be familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
6. Proactive, able to work independently and as part of a team;
7. Mature and confident in handling matters with complexity;
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK-SZ and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the PRC. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, PRC.
Please send full curriculum vitae together with copies of qualification documents, and at least three references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org