Executive Assistant - Associate Vice President Office (Student Affairs) (Ref. 2021/296/01)
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen [CUHK(SZ)] is a new, independent university established through a Memorandum of Understanding between The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK), Shenzhen University and the Shenzhen Municipal Government. The new University is a research-orientated, forward-thinking, non-profit-making University which places emphasis on cross-disciplinary teaching and research. CUHK(SZ) will nurture university graduates who are international in outlook, learned in the disciplines they follow, upright in their character, and committed to serving the needs of society.
CUHK(SZ) will draw upon CUHK’s traditions of academic excellence and the teaching quality is benchmarked to that of the CUHK; it is a research university of choice located in Shenzhen, firmly rooted in China, and endowed with a global vision. Students will be provided with an educational experience distinguished by a flexible credit unit system, a college system, whole-person general education, bilingualism as well as multiculturalism. With the mission of advancing the creation, preservation, application and dissemination of knowledge through the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research and public service; and the vision of being a first-class research university regionally, nationally and internationally, CUHK(SZ) will provide world-class educational opportunities to students and nurture talents for Shenzhen, the Greater Bay Area and China as a whole.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Establishing a close relationship between various colleges and departments of the University, and promoting whole-person education through various forms of exchanges and learning experiences;
2. Assisting in student information management and date analysis, on aspects of student basic information, accommodation, residential team and facilities;
3. Assisting in drafting documents, including meeting materials, notice, committee documents and etc.;
4. Keeping liaison with internal departments and external suppliers, donors and business partners;
5. Providing administrative assistance to the Office;
6. Other duties as assigned; may need to work during non-office hours.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. A bachelor’s degree or above;
2. Strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills;
3. Good command of written and spoken language skills both in English and Chinese;
4. Proficiency in office software, and knowledge in collegiate system and working with young adults are most preferred;
5. Relevant working experiences in tertiary institutions;
6. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast paced environment;
7. A strong sense of responsibility and initiative; great attention to details.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK-SZ and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the PRC. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, PRC.
Please send full curriculum vitae together with copies of qualification documents, and at least three references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org