Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor - Computational Chemist (Ref. AC2021/010/01)
The Kobilka Institute of Innovative Drug Discovery (KIIDD) is seeking a highly qualified computational chemist to apply molecular modeling and computational chemistry techniques towards advancement of small-molecule drug discovery programs on G protein-coupled receptors and other important drug targets. The principal responsibilities will include molecular modeling of multiple concurrent projects including SBDD, FBDD and ligand-based designs as a key member of drug design team in the Institute; contribute to and drive drug discovery programs as a senior level computational chemist working on multiple multidisciplinary project teams; responsible for the success of the chemistry aspects of the drug discovery team through individual contributions and in collaboration with medicinal chemists and structural biologists.
* PhD in computational chemistry or equivalent with demonstrable understanding of medicinal and organic chemistry
* Understanding of the physical chemical properties of small-molecules and its interactions with proteins
* Experience with one or more molecular modeling suites (including but not limited to MOE, Discovery Studio, Schrodinger)
* Experience with Computer-Aided Drug Design: structure/ligand-based drug design, molecular docking, virtual screening, QSAR, pharmacophore modeling, PK/PD data analysis and modeling.
* Programming experience in scripting languages including R, Python and/or programming languages (Java, C, C++).
* Abilities to teach at undergraduate and graduate levels
The qualified candidate may be appointed at the rank of tenure-track assistant professor/associated professor/professor. Postdoctoral positions in these areas of research are also available. Interested applicants may send CV, research and teaching statements, names and email addresses of 3 references, together with a cover letter indicating the academic rank to be applied for, to: LHS-HR@cuhk.edu.cn.