实验室经理 - 数据科学学院Hwang Kai 项目组 (Ref.PR2021/050/01)
CIRL Lab (云计算与物联网实验室) is newly founded at the CUHK-SZ campus and directed by Prof. Kai Hwang, who is a Presidential Chair Professor at the School of Science and Engineering. CIRL is supported by President’s Fund at the CUHK-SZ and is devoted to the research and applications of public or private clouds that interact with mobile and sensing devices or IoT systems over the Internet edge networks. We emphasize both high-performance computing and AI-oriented applications over big datasets. The Lab is shared by Professors Kai Hwang, David Zhang, Yeching Chong, Rui Huang, and Wei Cai and their research students.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Management of the CIRL matters on a daily basis including hardware and software maintenance, programmer or engineer hiring, and user and staff trainings;
2. Purchase of computer and laboratory equipment and supplies;
3. Professional communicating with IT office support and SSE management teams;
4. Provide technical support for research projects and application development.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. The applicant should have at least a Bachelor Degree and a Master Degree in Computer Science or in Electrical or Information Engineering from established universities;
2. The applicant is desired to have concrete experiences in extensive use and purchase of computer systems, large or small in scale. These skills include hardware organization, software installation, and testing and programming with system/application software packages. Experience with Linux and related operating systems is desired;
3. Candidate must master in English and Chinese in technical reporting, equipment purchases, and proposal writing, etc. Familiarity with the Office software is a necessity;
4. Applicant with a Ph.D. degree could be considered for upgrading to a higher position such as a Postdoctoral Researcher position.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK-SZ and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the PRC. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, PRC.
Please send a full curriculum vitae, the completed Application Form (please download the blank form online), a biographic sketch and two reference letters together with names of three referees by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications/nominations will begin immediately and will continue until the post is filled.