研究员 - 全球与当代中国高等研究院 (Ref.PR2021/074/01)
The Advanced Institute of Global and Contemporary China Studies is an interdisciplinary social science research institution under a statute of School of Humanities and Social Science (HSS), The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Shenzhen), with excellent talent training base, academic repository and policy research think tank to be set up in the developing framework. We aim to build an international and domestic knowledge and experience exchange platform with high academic level and strong construction power which covers the regional research of the greater bay area, the whole China, and even the whole world. Members of institution will have the opportunity to undertake and conduct various scientific research projects from both Hong Kong and mainland China.
Based on the frontier of China’s reform and opening-up policy as well as the superior geo-advantages of CHUK-Shenzhen, The Advanced Institute of Global and Contemporary China Studies will be committed to improving regional policy development, providing timely, realistic, objective and farsighted guidance for policy analysis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conducting academic and policy research and undertaking project management;
2. Participating in the host organization’s activities, including student-faculty seminars, workshops, and public lectures;
3. Guiding the research work of postgraduates and doctoral students jointly with other members of the Institute;
4. Communicating and collaborating with other research institutes around the world;
5. Performing other research-related duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. A PhD degree in related disciplines, preferably political science, economics, and sociology;
2. Able to use English as working language and write research papers;
3. Solid background in scientific research and high-quality paper publication record;
4. Able to communicate and cooperate with colleagues in different fields, and abide by academic ethics；
5. Applicants with excellent research experience in the following fields are preferred: Public Policy, Public Administration, Global affairs, International relations, International Political Economy or a related discipline.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CHUK-Shenzhen and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the PRC. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, PRC.
Applicants should apply online at http://academicrecruit.cuhk.edu.cn/hss and upload their up-to-date resume, certification of all degrees, representative papers in recent years. Applicants will be required to arrange three recommendation letters after being shortlisted. Resume should contain the following information:
1. Research areas and research interests;
2. Personal information, including educational background, work experience, awards and other related information;
3. Published papers with indication of the authorship and information about the impact factor of the related journals and the citations of the papers.